8 Social Media Strategies for Business
Having a business without connecting with your customers online is akin to being an anti-social person. Everyone is on social media these days: students, teachers, parents, college graduates and even CEOs. The very people you are targeting.
Brand loyalty, customer retention and support are vital components to any business success. Customers love to feel a part of the business; appreciated and to know that their views are appreciated and matters.
Social Media is a growing phenomenon among top management personnel and businesses . Forbes states that 32 % of CEOs have at least one social media account. If they see the value in social media, why shouldn’t your business see its importance as well?
The world is increasingly becoming digitalized, everything you need is just ‘a click away’. Content Marketing is the new trend that when integrated with traditional marketing techniques increases company profits and develops strong, positive relationships with customers.
A good USP (Unique Selling Proposition) differentiate you from your competitors; creates effective communication and add value to your products and services.
Here are 8 tips to help you in creating a Social Media strategy for your business:
Create a clear objective.
- Have in mind what you want to achieve with social media. Is it to increase sales? Build relationships with your customers? Drive traffic to your website?
- Create S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time sensitive) objectives to help guide your planning.
Identify your customers.
- Identify the demography and persona of your customers, both current and potential customers. Knowledge of your customers’ interests will help in tailoring your content for publishing.
Know your competition.
- Being aware of your competitors will allow you to have one idea of what to post and what not to post.
- Your competitors should be used as benchmarks in your social media plan.
- Create KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to be used when evaluating your performance.
- Having defined metrics will let you know if your targets and goals are being achieved.
Develop your content.
- Create or share content that will be of interest to your target market.
- Videos, photos or other content for posting.
Choose your platform.
- Choose the social media channel that works best for you.
- Don’t stretch yourself thin by having presence on all social media networks.
- Recommended: Create active presence on at least 2 social media networks
Engage your audience.
- Solicit feedback from your customers
- Create polls.
Evaluate your performance
Get social today! Connect with your customers. It will add more value to your business.